The American Legion is the world’s largest veterans’ service organization. We assist veterans, their families, and their communities. We provide information about American Legion and Federal programs, benefits, and veterans’ entitlements. The Legion supports ongoing legislative efforts for veterans’ benefits at the state and national level. We encourage everyone to take an active role in making our country, our state, and our towns a better place to live. Serving one another at the local level is one of the American Legion’s goals.
American Legion Post 53 is well-known for its community involvement. In addition to helping local veterans, we are committed to mentoring youth and sponsoring wholesome programs promoting patriotism and devotion to our fellow service members and veterans.
How We Help
- Veterans’ Affairs and Rehabilitation
- Network of service officers
- Veterans with special needs
- GI Bill benefits
- Legion service at funerals
- Support for the troops
- Homeland Security
- Flag etiquette and protection
- Veterans’ participation in local school activities
- Pledge of Allegiance & Flag Ceremonies at local events
Children & Youth
- American Legion scholarships
- Boy Scouts, Eagle Scout Courts of Honor
- Boys and Girls State Program
- Sports Programs
- School visits
Men and women who served honorably in the US Armed Forces during WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, or in military actions in Grenada, Lebanon, and Panama may join the American Legion. Merchant Marines who served in WWII are also eligible. Any veteran or current military personnel engaged in the Gulf War or the War on Terrorism starting in August 1990 is also eligible.
If you are eligible, please join us in
- Giving back to America.
- Be part of The American Legion Voice heard on Capitol Hill and in State Legislatures
- Most importantly, join us in helping veterans and their families.
For Additional Information
Contact: Ridgewood American Legion Post 53, P.O. Boc 1525, Ridgewood, NJ 07450-1525